Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By picstart
#78367 It has been many years since using these devices with Dallas one wire. The protocol uses a presence pulse and wire resistance and capacitance and line voltage can cause issues with the shape of this pulse.
If the unique device id is known the connection is established with less error.
If the search is used then an elaborate decision tree is used and is subject to a single point of failure in response or timing from all connected devices. Also the devices can use parasitic power ( no separate power supply to the device) which is very susceptible to long wire resistance and poor connections.
This is where a scope earns its value.
By SwiCago
#78368 @rudy, the sonoff also used VCC, gnd, signal. So same wiring. I am really starting to wonder if it is a library version issue. As said, sonoff original firmware works fine, so sensor is ok. But these test sketches and even espurna firmware do not work. Even a prebuilt one from their download page does not work.

Any way you could upload your OneWire and Dallas libraries somewhere I can download them and try them? Rolling back to an older esp library is easy, but those two are hard to find in older working versions.
DM me if you need to email them. I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

I also order a TH sensor, I already use these and know they work, but it would be nice to use that waterproof sensor too LoL
By SwiCago
#78408 @rudy .. thanks I just downloaded those two libraries. I'll see if it fixes what ever is causing a problem.

Edit, so the two libraries you mention did not solve the problem. I did not roll to an older esp library/board version or roll the ide back. Not going to either. I'll just use the trusty TH sensor instead, as that one is working just fine.