Chat about current Lua tools and IDEs

By mmanager
Hans174 wrote:Hello,

Your IDE seems the tool I need but ...

.. no JAVA please.

JAVA is the source of many security problems.

Maybe you can compile your application to a running Windows/Linux version?

Hans

Hi Hans!
Why you have told that Java is the source of many security problems. I have many good reviews about Java in the security area and now want to try this on my project. But your words alerted me!
By bradvoy
dan121212 wrote:Is there an easy way to increase icon size for those with 4K screen?

Dan121212, did you ever find a solution to this problem. I just switched to doing my development on a machine with a 4K monitor, and I can't read the text of the buttons and menus. ESPlorer has options for changing the font size of the terminal, editor, and log panes but not for the buttons and menus. Googling this issue I see several posts suggesting to set the Override high DPI scaling behavior option on java.exe, but that doesn't seem to change anything.
By XY_position_indicate
#88275 Hi I have had an issue recently where if I attempt to open a COM port, the whole thing crashes immediately and closes, part of the log file contents, let me know if you need more of it:
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000000007110b5db, pid=25328, tid=0x00000000000063e0
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_261-b12) (build 1.8.0_261-b12)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.261-b12 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [jSSC-2.8_x86_64.dll+0xb5db]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#