Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Iksi
#78711 I don't want to upload a file from esp to the browser. I want to upload a file from anywhere over the Http to the serial port. So HTTP_UPLOAD_BUFLEN is the right one. I tried to cheng it directly in the library and then it works like I want it.

But again my question.:

When there is the #ifndev statement, doesn't this mean I can change the value by define before importing the library? Or what am I doing wrong?
By McChubby007
Iksi wrote:I don't want to upload a file from esp to the browser. I want to upload a file from anywhere over the Http to the serial port. So HTTP_UPLOAD_BUFLEN is the right one. I tried to cheng it directly in the library and then it works like I want it.

But again my question.:

When there is the #ifndev statement, doesn't this mean I can change the value by define before importing the library? Or what am I doing wrong?

You are causing confusion and creating a mess, because not only do you not know basic C language, you have no understanding of what HTTP_UPLOAD_BUFLEN and the relevant architecture is for, you think that you can just hack stuff about and by luck and lots of magic it may work plus you are just grabbing hold of an architecture that has no relevance to do what you want because you are unclear of the technology available and not clear in your mind about a high level design. If you need to TRANSFER file/data/whatever from a remote internet source to your esp8266 then use a remote internet protocol, THEN (or during that protocol) SEND that received data to the UART/serial port. You will need to ensure you have logic in place to perform the sending of data to UART. By the way, if I have misunderstood what you want to do then it is because you have been less than clear.
By Iksi
#78714 I know that I do not understand everything of this stuff. But as I mentioned if I change the value I the library it works as I expected and I do not see any problem in doing this. Of course I could do this in my sketch too, but I think this way I would like to do it would be easier. But changing the library is not what I would like to do. Because this I am asking the question here.

I do not understand why you could not simply answer my question. Of course you can tell me that you think this is not the right way and all of that, but this does not help me. I recognised this but let me try what I want to try, this is the best way to Learn. As I know such forums are to help each other....
By QuickFix
Iksi wrote:I recognised this but let me try what I want to try, this is the best way to Learn.

Cool, in that case: good luck with your quest. 8-)