Chat freely about anything...

By schufti
#78705 ad a) sure, how many concurrent esp conections are you thinking of? Depends on the power of your "server", think about how many concurrent connections "goole" might have ...

ad b) if you are talking about "port forwarding" you talk about NAT which is a form of firewall, and yes, this would be a way around this limitation.

a very simple and unreliable aproach would be to start udp and listen for command

see here for further information and general examples on esp side. The server side (registering device to know ip, sending command etc) is up to your imagination ...
By dibrony
#78720 QuickFix,

Actually in my case, the ESP has only 1 connection to establish (to the server) and the server has several connections, one to each ESP.

As for the ESP knowledge, I have been using it for few years and it is working properly, all what I need is to get rid of the polling coding and let the server interrupts the ESP when required.

Regards
Rony
By 406
dibrony wrote:Hi all,

I am working on an ESP8266 project where I need to communicate to through the internet. I got my own domain and I wrote an aspx.net (VB.net) code that is suitable with the ESP8266 sketch, all is working properly between the ESP8266 and the website... however the ESP has to open a connection with the server (domain) to get the required info then close it which takes around 5 seconds each time... I would like to have the info instantly arrived to the ESP once it reaches the server, maybe by interrupting the ESP (if feasible) or open and keep the connection opened between the ESP and the server ....
Anyone can suggest a solution ?
Thanks in advance.

Hi. I guess you are using HTTP requests to contact the web server. The timeout in such cases usually occurs when the Length: parameter of request is not set correctly or the same Length: of response is not processed. Your program has to read HTTP 1.1 header, read the value of Length and then read the exact number of data bytes. Test the same operation with small program in C#/Perl/etc.