So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By iRajesh
#78745 I'm trying to switch on bulb via 4 channel 5V optocoupler relay controller from ESP8266 using WIFI Access point. All my connections looking fine and i can able to connect WIFI SoftAP and send signal to ESP8266 01. Even i can able to switch the Relay from NO to NC or other way around. Only when a connect 240V AC current to relay for powering the bulb, i'm getting following error from ESP

Code: Select all21:11:34.312 ->  ets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:4, boot mode:(1,7)
21:11:34.312 -> 
21:11:34.312 -> wdt reset

If i use 12V DC power to light the led via relay its working fine. if again use 240V power to relay to light bulb i'm get same error again.

I have already tried using ceramic capacitor for decoupling to avoid noise from AC. Still no luck. Please advice. I'm very new and naive at handling electronics.

Adding the circuit as requested.
wifi bulb_bb.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by iRajesh on Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
By rudy
#78750 How you implement the wiring for the power circuit makes a difference. Schematically you may have proper connections, but how the wiring is physically connected, the actual path the wires take, can cause this kind of issue.

Post a picture that shows the wiring.