Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By richardsonkane
#48042 In general passive component is using to data converter having 12 bits or more resolution , or high precision of amps , we've pay very close attention to electrode passive components.Consider in this case 12-bits amps DAC , where 1/2 LSB(least significant bit) corresponds to 0.012% of full scale or only 122 ppm(parts per million).
By Kalidomra
#78800 First: Thanks for sharing. This is a great use of deep sleep. I really appreciate the time and effort that went into creating this project.

I had 2 issues in implementing this:

1. It looks like there should be an external pull up resistor on GPIO16, not a pull down. Could be my setup or my chips, but it would not work without a pull up.

2. I had to change the line:
    #define SLEEP_TIME 60*60*1000000
    to
    const uint32_t SLEEP_TIME = 60*60*1000000;
    I was getting an overflow and the ESP would wake up constantly, not going into deep sleep.
By Craig54321
#80276 [quote="RainerOchs"]

I solved this with a 74HC132 and some passive components:

Thanks for the great post. I plan on building this in to a mouse trap placed in a spot that is hard to get to. Do you have a current link to the 74HC132 circuit you built? The original one seems to be inaccessible. Or maybe there is some trick I have to do. I googled for the s14 link, but to success.
By Craig54321
Craig54321 wrote:Do you have a current link to the 74HC132 circuit you built? The original one seems to be inaccessible.

I answer my own question: I found the schematic by opening the provided zip *.sch file in Eagle. But I first had to re-learn how to use Eagle, again...

What a great project! Thanks.