Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By SHARANYA
#79077 Hi everyone

I want to run a webserver on ESP8266 for Home automation.The ESP8266 will be communicating to an Arduino using UART.The Arduino will receive command regarding various device On/Off from the ESP over URT.
The ESP8266 will be programmed using Arduino IDE.
The query is that,how to access the ESP8266 over Internet.I don't have much knowledge regarding the networking part.
Please help!!
By QuickFix
#79103 You don't have to, that's why the ESP exists; it will take care of all WiFi-networking.
  • Just download and install both the Arduino IDE and the ESP8266 Arduino core if you haven't done already.
  • Get comfortable with the setup (this may take a couple of days: don't expect to understand everything in 10 minutes)
  • Buy a NodeMCU or Wemos to play with; don't start off with a separate ESP-01 (or ESP-12) module as often, falsely, suggested on the internet.
    See my signature below for some examples of suppliers and their price
    (I don't have anything to do with these shops, I only regularly try to find the cheapest ones and update the links accordingly)
  • Try to get the ESP8266 blink demo going first; this won't be using WiFi functionality, but will give you your first feel of success
  • Open and compile the simple HTTP WebServer demo project and get that one going.
  • When that works, try to see and understand what makes it tick and you should be halfway there
If you have any questions, ask them here, but be sure to include code, schematics and pictures (we love pictures). :idea: