Using the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266 and found bugs, report them here

Moderator: igrr

By HamzaHajeir
#79207 Well, I think Arduino IDE has a Psychiatric illness!

All things went fine yesterday.
Now the problem came back again.

MDNS traffic is allowed to java and arduino. Still detectable via Wireshark. but with an increased number of communications : 6 out and 6 in.

Tried my mobile hotspot, Another NodeMCU, turn off all firewalls with no success.
Also, upload went great via command.

So i am downloading a portable Arduino IDE, Hope that makes the solution.
By Pablo2048
#79209 Maybe time for plan D? :-) ... Seriously - i have no idea, what you shoudl try next. I'm using portable Atduino installation on both Windows 7 Pro and (mainly) Ubuntu Linux 16.04 & 18.04 without issues you are facing with.
By HamzaHajeir
Pablo2048 wrote:Maybe time for plan D? :-) ... Seriously - i have no idea, what you shoudl try next. I'm using portable Atduino installation on both Windows 7 Pro and (mainly) Ubuntu Linux 16.04 & 18.04 without issues you are facing with.

May be xD

Even portable arduino didn't recognize the network port. :D :D

So for now I will use the manual command for uploading OTA.

Very Thanks for your time :)
By Emmanuel
#79236 Hi,

Well, I had the same OTA problem and I had an insight this evening : Google if people have mDNS problems with a synology NAS (my case). I found a (French) guy claiming that he solved his problem by removing IPv6 on his NAS configuration :https://www.journaldulapin.com/2016/02/05/synology-bonjour/

I tried and it worked for me !!!

My configuration is PC with windows 10. I don't know if it's something you can generalize but the problem seems to be a weird compatibility problem involving IPv6 (don't ask). Maybe it's synology NAS, maybe it's Windows 10 or Bonjour, maybe it's bad mojo or just being French...

I'm so glad not to have to rewire my 6 ESP8266 happily working at home !

Hope it helps, sorry if it doesn't !