Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By leenowell
#79891 Hi All,

I suspect I have been searching using the wrong term but can't for the life of me find a solution to this.

I was hoping to find a little board which I could use to power my ESP 12F from a regular usb phone charger. Essentially a micro USB port power input and stable 3.3v output that I can connect to my ESP. Does anyone know if such a thing exists? I have seen these

https://www.banggood.com/5V-To-3_3V-DC- ... rehouse=CN

Which I guess I could somehow wire to a micro USB connector but thought this would be a common requirement and would rather buy a ready made board.

There are these serial devices but from my experience the power output is not very ESP friendly and causes instability issues (at lease FTDI one i have seems to).

Anyone have any thoughts?

thanks in advance

Lee.
By leenowell
#79981 Thanks for this. I have ordered the bits as this will help another use case I have.

For this particular scenario I need it to be connected with a wire (usb ideally) as the device needs to be away from the plug socket.
By QuickFix
leenowell wrote:connected with a wire (usb ideally) as the device needs to be away from the plug socket.

Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just use a WeMos instead? :?