The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By Isaac123
#80026 Hi Im trying to use mosquito in order to check if my esp8266 is working, when I use the public servers it works fine, but when I try to use mosquitto it doesn't connect, any idea why, and how to fix it?
By dkotte
#80095 Do you install mosquitto at a linux box?
Is the proccess running? Try ps -A.
Try to use the linux mosquitto client or the windows client to connect the server.
Successful?

Connect the client to mosquitto system messages
Which code do you use at the ESP?
By Luc Volders
#80195 Any progress ???

I installed mosquitto on a 5 dollar Raspberry Pi-Zero and it works like a charm.

Then I set up an ESP8266 with a DS18B20 thermometer and it publishes to the Raspberry broker without problems.

On the Raspberry it is easy to install the mosquitto broker and some clients so you can test right away if the broker works before you access it with an ESP8266.

Luc
By rudy
Isaac123 wrote:Hi Im trying to use mosquito in order to check if my esp8266 is working, when I use the public servers it works fine, but when I try to use mosquitto it doesn't connect, any idea why, and how to fix it?

Most likely you have something configured wrong. And considering you have provided almost no information it is impossible to tell you what your problem is.