So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Ricardo Ouvinã
#80461 Hi, I'm new here.
I've made my own ESP8266-12e development board to be used with the Arduino IDE, but I can't manage to upload anything to the board. I am using a FT232RL for UART communication (https://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/DataSheets/ICs/DS_FT232R.pdf).
I put the board into programming mode, my computer detects a new device as usbserial-A90J7PTX (I am using a Mac by the way) but when I try to upload the program via Arduino IDE, I get the error message: espcomm_upload_mem failed

Has anyone tried this before?
By QuickFix
Ricardo Ouvinã wrote:I've made my own ESP8266-12e development board

We need a schematic (or at least a description) of your board to say something sensible.

How is the board putting the ESP into programming mode?
Does is actually have automatic flash- and reset-circuitry?
Can you put the board into programming mode manually?
ESPModes.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Ricardo Ouvinã
QuickFix wrote:We need a schematic (or at least a description) of your board to say something sensible.

Here is the schematic:
sch2.png

QuickFix wrote:How is the board putting the ESP into programming mode?

I use a switch for the GPIO0 and keep the GPIO15 at GND and GPIO2 at VCC. To reset I unplug and plug the power. To put the ESP into programming mode I simply press the switch at the GPIO0 and power the board.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Ricardo Ouvinã
QuickFix wrote:We need a schematic (or at least a description) of your board to say something sensible.

Here is my schematic:
sch2.png

QuickFix wrote:How is the board putting the ESP into programming mode?

I put the board into programming mode by pushing the button on GPIO0 and connecting the board to power via USB.