Chat freely about anything...

By Bonzo
#80539 I am looking to buy some different electronic parts ( Nodemcu mini, GPS module ) to try out and am in the UK. It looks like apart from Amazon and ebay I have a choice of Bangood, Aliexpress and Alibarber.

I have not used any of these apart from Amazon and ebay; is there any good reason to pick one over the other two?

Edit: I have just notice Bangood has a site using GBP
By torntrousers
#80552 I'm in the UK and often use Bangood and Aliexpress. Both seem fine, Aliexpress maybe a bit cheaper but Bangood packages often arrive a bit quicker, sometimes just a week - 10 days or so.
By Bonzo
#80554 Thank you for the reply torntrousers and Banggood have everything I need so I will give them ago.

They also currently have a discount code but I have not checked the small print yet! Although looking at work I may have missed the boat with the discounts but they seem to have so many versions of their website I will check again at home.
By Bonzo
#80568 Well I have just submitted my first order. I was supposed to get access to $100 of coupons being a new user but could not use any of them due to:
Incorrect coupon
Coupon expired on 28th February - it is the 14th today
Coupon can only be used 200 time - this was my first attempt to use it

Anyway a large range of items and a lot I did not know existed. The prices were good but you need to add P&P. My items should be here in 7-14? days.

My greenhouse is going to be well kitted out with the soil moisture sensors and the light sensor I have just ordered. I do not really need them but it gives me something to play with :)
The battery monitor is now woking and I have a ADC on order as well as I only have the one analogue pin on my board.
I also ordered a Nodemcu mini and may have a go at making a board using SMD components; possibly with my own ADC and see how small I can get the whole package.