Chat freely about anything...

By holopaul
#80647 [quote="eriksl"]Something is definitely broken, indeed. I have flashed a "plain" image on a 32 Mbit device and it keeps resetting. Needs to be checked out. The "ota" image works.

Thanks for input. I managed to flash the "ota" image v17. Hopefully this way i will be able to update OTA.
I'm having a hard time going from v11 style commands to the latest version . For example setting GPIO2 to PWM was
Code: Select allgm 2 pwm

And setting the PWM value to maximum was
Code: Select allgs 2 65535

Can you please translate this to the updated parameters? I tried for about an hour to set the GPIO 2 as PWM with
Code: Select allim pin=2 mode=outputa

thanks
By eriksl
#80660 My plan is to take this up in two steps. First have the plain image work again (which I think can be done quite quickly). Then I will post a new release on github and after that I will tell you step for step what to enter to configure everything. But let's take one step at a time.
By eriksl
#80661 Good news and bad news.

The bad news I can't get a "small" image working, that means: compiled with the "512 c.q. 256_256" option. For testing I have reduced the code to well below 256 kbyte, but it won't work.

The good news is that when I change the image to the "1024 c.q. 512_512" option, it works. It works on all ESP boards I have, at least. It appears that the one ESP201 I have that was still unmodified, has a 1 Mbyte flash and not the 512 Kbyte flash I was expecting. The ESP1's I have are all of the "new" type that have 1 Mbyte flash as well. The firmware works on all of them.

So I don't have 512 kbyte flash devices lying around to test with. I have a feeling that the "1 Mbyte" image (512_512) will just work there (because sum of all code is below 512 kbytes), but I can't test it.

If you're lucky and you have (newer) devices that have 1 Mbyte flash or more, it should just work now.

I will upload the newest version github now, so you can try.