Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

Are the GPIO4 and GPIO5 terminals labeled incorrectly on your ESP-07 and/or ESP-12 modules?

6%
N/A
94%
By quantalume
#8113 Attached are a couple of images widely circulating on the net that show the pinout of the ESP-7 and ESP-12 modules. If you look closely, the module terminal labeled GPIO4 connects to ESP8266 pin 24, while terminal GPIO5 connects to pin 16. This is clearly reversed (see the first schematic in the latest Espressif ESP8266 data sheet). I discovered this by trying to use GPIO4 on an ESP-12 module and finding that GPIO5 was toggling instead. Our wiki also has these erroneous images. I have not discovered any other errors.

ESP-07.png

ESP-12a.png

Edited to add poll
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by quantalume on Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By sej7278
#8118 seems to match a couple advertised:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 17904.html
http://www.banggood.com/ESP8266-ESP-12-Remote-Serial-Port-WIFI-Transceiver-Wireless-Module-p-964287.html

someone on twitter said it matches the silkscreen they have too, but not tested it.

think we need a few more people to test some boards before saying the images are wrong. it could be just your board, or possibly the firmware. if it is wrong it would explain why they're so cheap - they're all rejects.
By MeNoGeek
#8177 My esp-12 is soldered on a 'test plate' which is also labeled like that pic... and it's wrong. The correct order is: TXD, RXD, GPIO5, and then GPIO4.
sej7278 wrote:we need a few more people to test some boards before saying the images are wrong.
Quantalume, can you add a poll to your original post?

EDIT: I just came across this 'Simple ESP8266 wi07-12 SMD to DIP/PTH adapter board', which is a new product from Electrodragon, and if you check the picture...
Electrodragon_ESP8266-12_Wi12-breakout.jpg
...the silkscreen shows GPIOs 5 and 4 in the corrected order.
So, I guess a poll isn't necessary. For me, at least :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.