The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By RichardS
rudy wrote:
RichardS wrote:
Pablo2048 wrote:Wonder why they can't answer?? Anything blocking the signal?? :shock:

I wonder if the RF from the antenna is affecting the voltage regulation.

I guess that is possible if the antenna is pumping directly into it!!!!
By Fingoti
#81240 Hi guys,

Sorry for the delayed response, we've been very busy promoting the Pebl!
(https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fingoti/introducing-pebl-the-ultimate-and-complete-iot-sol)

Thank you for your messages :)

Both our WiFi range and voltage regulation (in fact, all aspects of the Pebl) have been rigorously designed and tested by our team of electrical engineers.
Rest assured, our stated WiFi range is up to 50m distance (line of sight) and the voltage regulation, although does produce heat, does not exceed temperature limits.

Your assumptions are correct - the total max load is approximately 280mA (80mA+(4x50mA)), however we've designed the load sharing so that the temperatures do not exceed usable limits.

These crucial tests were completed fairly early on in the Pebl development and we wouldn't have stated it if we weren't sure it could handle the load! ;)

I hope that this answers your questions.

Kind regards,
Fingoti Team
By Pablo2048
#81243 Hi,
wow - I've almost hit the ground when i first read these PR er... "informations" :D .
Rest assured, our stated WiFi range is up to 50m distance (line of sight) and the voltage regulation, although does produce heat, does not exceed temperature limits.

Can you please tell us what is really measured temperature inside device after 8hrs of work under standard and heavy load? What FCC/CE people says about screwed-up antenna characteristics because of components underneath?
Your assumptions are correct - the total max load is approximately 280mA (80mA+(4x50mA)), however we've designed the load sharing so that the temperatures do not exceed usable limits.

Yeah, really? Why you haven't mention this feature in the Kickstarter champain? Don't you think that your backers should know about this limitation? How exactly this "load sharing" works?
These crucial tests were completed fairly early on in the Pebl development and we wouldn't have stated it if we weren't sure it could handle the load!

This is hard to believe - you have silently changed maximum voltage range from 24V to 15V and (again) not informed the backers.
Anyway I'm very curious what your backers will say after they get their Pebl's...