You can chat about native SDK questions and issues here.

By HEck
#81280 Hi Community,

when I want to compile my project, I get this output fom the compiler:

start...

make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/Share/ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-3.0/he_i2c_slave/user'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/Share/ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-3.0/he_i2c_slave/user'
make: *** [.subdirs] Error 2
esp8266@esp8266-VirtualBox:~/Share/ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-3.0/he_i2c_slave$

As you can see, the gen_misc.sh is starting the "make", it is doing something, it found 2 errors, but did not point to files where is the pain source.

What could be wrong?

Thanks for support
Henry
By HEck
#81313 Hi quackmore,

The history:
In the past, I could compile my C-code very well. But then for any reason, I moved a function to a new .c file. Then the trouble starts. Even, I moved the function back to the "original" .c file, there is no improvement. I never touched the makefile.

To be honest, I have no experiences about the "makefile". Could you please explain me for what I have to look for?

Thank you
Henry
By quackmore
#81333 make is just a build tool and the makefile contains the build instructions

I'm assuming your are using some existing Espressif makefile coming with the non-os-sdk

if you didn't change the makefile then you could have changed something in the source file tree structure that the makefile is aware of (like, for instance, renaming existing directory)

I was pointing to the makefile cause I didn't see any compiler command and any related error

what you can do:
1) 'make clean' should (not sure what you are using) clear any inconsistent build situation and will allow for a fresh build (this is like rm *.o, rm *.a and all the obj files)
2) remove any *.c file not related with your project from the project source (moving the function back to the original file could have leave empty source file around)
3) if nothing is working restart the project from a new directory adding there the changes you need without adding new files and directories

in any case you should try to understand how your project build process works and get some confidence with make