Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By nealmartini
#81396 I am using the esp8266 web server example in Arduino Examples. I have tried several esp8266 boards and several computer and several browsers. I get the server to work using the DHCP assigned IP address, but can't get esp8266.local to work.

There are myriad responses to this issue that show up in a web search. So far I can't find a solution that works.

Am I missing something? Has this problem been solved?????
By rudy
nealmartini wrote:I get the server to work using the DHCP assigned IP address, but can't get esp8266.local to work.

I have not had much success with it. Sometimes it work and other times it doesn't. I was hoping that it would work better with version 2.5.0 but I am waiting until the next release before I switch. The mDNS in 2.5.0 is a replacement of what had been previously used.

I use Windows and I wonder if it may also be a part of the problem.
By nealmartini
#81416 I am using the NODE MCU 12E module. I also tried the server examples on an ESP32 new module.

By Rudy, how can I tell if I am using the mDNS 2.5 version? I loaded the latest Arduino board extensions within the past three weeks.

I never got things to work on Windows 10. I did get it to work a few times on a Mac Book computer, but very intermittently.

Have you tried to implement "Update mDNS examples to use HTTP Server instead of TCP Server" that I saw online?

Neal