Downloading and installing the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By Leo lee
#81582 ### Basic Infos

- [y] This issue complies with the [issue POLICY doc](https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/blob ... /POLICY.md).
- [y ] I have read the documentation at [readthedocs](https://arduino-esp8266.readthedocs.io/en/latest) and the issue is not addressed there.
- [y ] I have tested that the issue is present in current master branch (aka latest git).
- [ y] I have searched the issue tracker for a similar issue.
- [ ] If there is a stack dump, I have decoded it.
- [ ] I have filled out all fields below.

#### Platform

- Hardware: [ESP-12]
- Core Version: [latest git hash]
- Development Env: [Arduino IDE]
- Operating System: [Ubuntu|MacOS]

### Settings in IDE

- Module: [Nodemcu]
- Flash Mode: [qio|dio|other]
- Flash Size: [4MB/1MB]
- lwip Variant: [v1.4|v2 Lower Memory]
- Reset Method: [ck|nodemcu]
- Flash Frequency: [40Mhz]
- CPU Frequency: [80Mhz]
- Upload Using: [SERIAL]
- Upload Speed: [115200] (serial upload only)

### Problem Description

When I uploading programs, an error occured,
python /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/esp8266com/esp8266/tools/upload.py --chip esp8266 --port /dev/cu.wchusbserial1a1230 --baud 115200 --trace version --end --chip esp8266 --port /dev/cu.wchusbserial1a1230 --baud 115200 --trace write_flash 0x0 /var/folders/hf/1pgb0bfj1bjblvw7035mlllc0000gn/T/arduino_build_14437/sketch_apr05a.ino.bin --end
Error in command line, need pyserial path as 1st arg and esptool path as 2nd.

And I found this error is from Upload.py, because import esptool failed. But when get.py is running , esptool and pyserial is not downloaded. Because there are no path in file

> package_esp8266com_index.template.json. So, please tell me how can I fix it , or where could I download the pyserial then put the file on pyserial fold.
By Yvonne de Vries
#81781 I have exactly the same problem on a Linux pc.
I have asked the question at the Arduino forum, but many answers, but it didn solve the problem. My solution was to upload the code on my iMac computer to the NodeMCU (ESP8266).
That worked. But that is not what I want.
Uploading to the Arduino: no problem. Same code to the NodeMCU - your error message.
I hope you found a solution and are willing to share it with me.

Thank you.

Yvonne