Chat freely about anything...

By holopaul
eriksl wrote:The zip file comes with a Linux binary "espflash". Just start it and watch the usage notice. I use it like this:
Code: Select allespflash -h esp1 -f espiobridge-rboot-image.bin -W

When i run it all i get is:
Code: Select allespflash: command not found

Do i need to install something else?
By holopaul
eriksl wrote:I think the code is now again stable enough for a new release, see #21 here https://github.com/eriksl/esp8266-unive ... e/releases

Dear Erik, something is off.
I tried to flash both OTA and plain without much success.
1. I did a erase_flash.
2. flashed v21 like this : (i added the rboot-config.bin from previous version, i still don't know if this is necessary)
Code: Select allesptool.py -p /dev/cu.wchusbserial1420 write_flash --flash_size 2MB-c1 --flash_mode dio 0x000000 espiobridge-rboot-boot.bin 0x001000 rboot-config.bin 0x002000 espiobridge-rboot-image.bin 0x1fc000 esp_init_data_default_v08.bin 0xfb000 blank1.bin 0x1fd000 blank3.bin

When i tried to connect to the esp ssid the old "espespesp" password did not work and connection was refused.

What i did next was to flash with an older version (v19), authenticate the esp on my wifi, then flashed again v21 without flash_erase so that the wifi login was not erased.
I did manage to access the esp on port 24 but encountered the following behaviour:
1. Bridge port is forced to port 1 somehow
2. When trying to set the uart speed i get this message : cannot delete config (default values)

I think this is because the overlapping config but please check it out.
By eriksl
#81764 The espflash binary is in the zip file. You may need to call it like ./espflash if your path does not include ".".

Also you may have to do a
Code: Select allchmod a+x espflash