So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Legion
#82000 Any help greatly appreciated - I am a newbie to these devices but to to computers.

This is for a project for my Pupils, essentially they must be able to build a website and click on a button, which activates a real world item - so an LED will do fine. - The website cannot be held on the ESP though has to be on another system. (currently testing from PC but plan to use Raspberry Pi)

I have used the below to get most of what i need but i am missing somthing being a newbie.

I have an ESp2866 nodemcu
An Arduino
Used the following website which shows it can work - but it was missing ESP code:
http://allaboutee.com/2015/01/02/esp826 ... m-webpage/

However: I am unable to communicate between ESP2866 and Arduino, currently cabled up through pins 5 & 6 on Ardiuno to RX & TX on ESP (suggested rather than 2,3). I read somewhere that i need a 3.3v converter? without it the data does not work between devices?

Attached the webpage.html
Also attached the Arduino code. (altered ports to 5,6 and baud rate to 115200)

Yet: I do not have the code for ESP2866, i have tried multiple variants from other sites and the examples given free, but cannot seem to get anything to work.

currently have the below configured on the ESP

#include <ESP8266WiFi.h> // Include the Wi-Fi library

const char* ssid = "****"; // The SSID (name) of the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to
const char* password = "********"; // The password of the Wi-Fi network

void setup() {
Serial.begin(115200); // Start the Serial communication to send messages to the computer
delay(10);
Serial.println('\n');

WiFi.begin(ssid, password); // Connect to the network
Serial.print("Connecting to ");
Serial.print(ssid); Serial.println(" ...");

int i = 0;
while (WiFi.status() != WL_CONNECTED) { // Wait for the Wi-Fi to connect
delay(1000);
Serial.print(++i); Serial.print(' ');
}

Serial.println('\n');
Serial.println("Connection established!");
Serial.print("IP address:\t");
Serial.println(WiFi.localIP()); // Send the IP address of the ESP8266 to the computer
}

void loop() { }

Thanks for any help
Legion
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.