Chat freely about anything...

By kajol
#82215 I'm hunting down a similar arrangement. Maybe it could be useful to view the Seeeduino Stalker. It's an Arduino clone with connectors for lipo and takes off the board. It utilizes the CN3065 as charge chip.

There are some ESP sheets with charging chip out:
the primary objective is charging by means of USB, so they have added a USB-Sequential chip ready. Don't have the foggiest idea on the off chance that it is appropriate for a sun-powered board. The second drawback could be that the voltage controller and the USB chip eats up a lot of currents.

Electrical Design Training
By kajol
#82368 I should include that my choice two, including on the over/under charge insurance in the battery is problematic. The issue is that the batteries should be charged inside a specific Amperage run. I have my questions that the over/under charge insurance in the battery secure for charging outside that rate. In the event that a sunlight based board measured for your application happens to charge the batteries at the correct rate as well, amazing! Else, you need a battery charging module to control for that.
By kajol
#82392 As a business analyst, I had in mind on writing a plea to either add the role of BA to a scrum team or to upgrade the role of the Scrum Master to Scrum Master / BA. Your blog is almost exactly what I had in mind. A good headstart to write to me, please.
By schufti
#82424 unfortunately usual LiPo cells are bad choice for solar powered devices.
Solar powered charging (w/o super intelligent management) implies charging whenever solar power is available, this on the other hand means most likely having the cell cycle around top charge most of the time and possibly in warm to hot environment -> bad, bad, bad for LiPo cells.
Either use powercaps or eneloop; even LiFePO4 might be more forgiving than standard LiPo