Chat freely about anything...

By eriksl
#82685 I am still here. Although I don't have the deep knowledge of some of the others, I think this is an interesting idea and it's absolutely not wrong to ask for help. Don't forget some of use did not have education in electronics, for us it's not the end result (be it "perfect" or not) that counts most, but more the way to reach the goal, the learning curve. So it's not wrong to show some patience.
By BillM
#82687 Thank you eriksl, I understand that it can be annoying to answer trivial questions or to correct stupid mistakes a professional would not make at all. But you are free to help I won't be frustrated if you decide not to.
By eriksl
#82688 As said I don't have the knowledge to help any further here, but I was objecting against the, yes, somewhat rude behaviour of some, which was not necessary imho.
By Pablo2048
#82702 Sorry @eriksl, but you are not right IMHO. I'm not against learning somebody how to do something in electronics, but we need to start from base. It's definitely not good for somebody with (almost) no knowledge in PCB design, RF design, HV design, Automotive design, EMC knowledge to START with such a project. This project is not a toy like ESP thermometer - it involves high voltages which can somebody hurt and if this circuit would be mounted to a real motorcycle it can be more worse when it fail in situation when you need power/acceleration. When I give some advice it has the background of >35 years of electronics&firmware development and I think that @rudy has the same experience. I think that we (expecting that the "rude guys" are me and @rudy) have the right to behave like we did when somebody pays so small attention to basic rules he have had to learn at first place.
@BillM - actual PCB design is a mess - I suggest to start over (erase all your traces) and do this:
1. place all components again - look at the ratsnest to select best place for a component. For example D3 and D4 - they are swapped in their positions - they belong to output connectors so put them accordingly. Routing will be easier.
2. when placing parts think about the schematics and firmware - you can swap Q3 and Q4 in position to ease routing. Maybe you can also swap OUTA & OUTB if you need and correct this in firmware (if you need)
3. do not route traces at the PCB edge - we are in Automotive design and it's very harsh environment. Try to have GND copper pour around the PCB edge and not an active signal path (this is not valid for RF design so under ESP antenna is no copper pour)
4. maybe you can switch to some SMT parts - for example resistors. If you use 1206 resistors soldering is easy even for the inexperienced person and you save a lot of space on your PCB
5. Heat is enemy for the electrolytic capacitors - try to put them away from source of the heat (power stabilisator, power FETs).
6. Think about PCB mounting - there are no mounting holes in your design. Again - we are in automotive area so you have to think twice on how the PCB will be fixed
7. Think about the cable fixing/connectors - for example your hall probe
Ufff - I think that's all for now...