Have questions about FETS, transistors, measurement, power supplies, or anything else electrical?

By rudy
#83975 I didn't see anything that looked questionable in the pictures, or the schematic.

If you did not switch power with the relay, still operating the relay but with it disconnected from the load. Does it still fail?
By beneventolorenzo
#83978 I'm going to remove the transistor and try again today! I'll post as soon as I have a result!

EDIT: hang on, do you mean the relay load or the transistor load? Because I'm already testing it without the load on the relay.
By rudy
#83982 Yes I meant the relay's load. Just to eliminate if the problem was caused by current surges.

At this point what I would do is to run a simple sketch that outputs the time. Without additional libraries, no sensor code. See how long that runs. Its a pain in the ass but I think this is the only way you can get to the bottom of this.

You need to break the code down to smaller bits and see what is causing the break. Or if it is an electrical thing, then only running a simple timer (Blink for example) and it still does fail, I would look closer at it potentially being an electrical issue.

If it did fail with a blink sketch then I would run the board on batteries.