Advanced Users can post their questions and comments here for the not so Newbie crowd.

Moderator: eriksl

By eriksl
#84147 It seems some 14480 (-4) bytes after the symbol "WdevTimOffSet" are claimed in DRAM. Apparently it's anonymous in some way, the WdevTimOffSet symbol is only 4 bytes.

I think this is a large amount of memory and I always try to reduce such big chunks. As there is no symbol pointing to it, there is not a big clue to it's usage.

When you dump the memory area, you see a few blocks with random data, always preceded by a "deadbeef" valued int. In-betweeen the blocks, all is set to sero.

Can it be that this is the DRAM used by the wlan low-level interface? That these are in fact complete 802.11 packets? It would be nice if this area could be reduced somewhat, 14480 is a lot of DRAM.
By eriksl
#84225 Something intermediate I think. I assume everything operating on the hardware level needs absolute addresses as this address will change depending on SDK and code used.

BTW I assumed that Wdev was meant as "watchdog" but now I think "wireless device" is quite more logical. Also the "offset" in the name make more sense then. Now only the "tim" part?

But I don't we can manage to change the size used, so it's a bit pointless, I am afraid. > 14k "wasted" :o