Advanced Users can post their questions and comments here for the not so Newbie crowd.
eriksl wrote:First one: ccs118 gives max value continuously after a few days on. I have it running in "continuous" mode and there are no errors. After a reset, the readings go back to normal.
I am not using the baseline save or temperature/humidity correction, because both temperature and humidity are quite constant here.
There was a post on a semi related topic and it referenced a thread that looks interesting:
Check out the CCS811 data graph - it's exactly as you describe. The problem was tracked to an I2C clock stretch that was too low, set by the code on a different sensor.
I've never seen the problem you describe, mainly because I deep sleep a lot, but also because I have clock stretch set very high
I had problems early on: some of the boards out of China may have 'clone' parts on them that either didn't work, or didn't follow the Bosch specs. 3 boards wouldn't even ACK their address, so I kept testing until I found a few boards that worked OK. The metal can on the sensor doesn't look like the Bosch pictures, which is why I presume they're no-name clone parts. Initially I thought the three non-functional boards had the parts soldered on backwards, as the hole in the can was on the other end of the can compared to the Bosch datasheet.
I never did get my BME680 board: the US Post Office lost it. I didn't bother trying to get a replacement.