Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By suppergenus
#57805 Hi All,

I've recently been given a task with the ESP12-F module. The User SPI is connected to a cortex m4 uC.

Right now I need to accomplish sending a large file (150MB) over WiFi to the ESP8266 and then storing it in some memory connected to the uC. I have never done any wifi stuff before, but here is what I've come up with so far.

I'm using a Websocket for Arduino library. PC connects to ESP8266, sends over file one piece at a time (right now its 8KB per chunk). Then I send it to the uC one piece at a time.

This is fine but sometimes there are errors. Has anyone else done large file transfers like this? The speeds I'm getting are pretty slow and I'm trying to figure out if this is feasible and if its possible to go faster?

Thanks in advance,

Suppergenus
By mrburnette
suppergenus wrote:<...>
I'm using a Websocket for Arduino library. PC connects to ESP8266, sends over file one piece at a time (right now its 8KB per chunk). Then I send it to the uC one piece at a time.
<...>

HTTP requests are moved around in a 2K buffer chunks, so if you are loosing data, it is probably due to the underlying HTTP buffering and not the TCP.

With FTP now available asmentioned here, do you not think FTP may be a better option?

Disclaimer, I have not worked with the FTP client as of yet... just brainstorming.

Ray