So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Moltenlava
#84648 So I'm an absolute newbie to the esp and electronics, in general, I picked this board up so i could make a project and upload some data to my website. After a week i managed to set up a database and make a URL in which the data has to be entered in order to update the database so all i would have to do is open the link with the esp. After watching some tutorials this is what i did:
1: Used RealTerm as the communication software
2:Entered the following code (i changed the website to a dev testing one):
Code: Select allAT+RST\r\n
AT+CWJAP="*****","*******"\r\n
AT+CIPSTART="TCP","jsonplaceholder.typicode.com",80\r\n
AT+CIPSEND=61\r\n       //I have no idea how I got this number I just experimented a lot till it actually sent the 
                                                                                                           request                                                                                                     
GET /jsonplaceholder.typicode.com/posts?id=2 HTTP/1.1\r\n Host: jsonplaceholder.typicode.com\r\n\r\n

And this is my Console Output:
Code: Select allAT+RST
OK

Vendor:www.ai-thinker.com             

SDK Version:0.9.5(b1)

Compiled @:Dec 25 2014, 21:50:58

ready

AT+CWJAP="*********","******"\r\n
OK

AT+CIPSTART="TCP","jsonplaceholder.typicode.com",80
CONNECT

OK
AT+CIPSEND=61
> GET /posts?id=2 HTTP/1.1 Host: jsonplaceholder.typicode.com
SEND OK

Am i not supposed to be getting a reply from the server and some HTML stuff is supposed to pop up after the GET right? But all i get is a SEND OK message. I'm guessing i forgot some character or i got the newlines, carriage returns wrong. Any help would be appreciated.