Place to put your Basic demos and examples

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Juweh
#85992 I am new to the IoT world and I was wondering if its possible to send data to firebase using a wifi module (esp8266-01)?

Most project and tutorial uses nodeMCU as the module for sending data to firebase.

I really need help. Thank you in advance.
By AcmeUK
#86006 A bit of advice that is repeated time and time again by various board members:-

If you are new to esp8266 DO NOT use the 01 variant.

Use either the Nodmcu or the Wemos D1 Mini.

It will save you time and trouble and make your introduction to the esp8266 a joy!
By rudy
#86008 Modules that do not include a 3.3 volt regulator (ESP-01, ESP-12, ESP-M3, ESP-07, ...) are difficult to use. The ESP8266 needs a very good power supply. Good decoupling. The ESP-01 is not as easy to use as a Bluetooth module. The peak current requirements are much higher. And this can lead to unstable operation.

You will write a program and you will never know if the unstable operation is caused by code issues or by poor power. It is highly recommended to develop with a Nodemcu or Wemos type board. Get your code working on those, and then if you have a good reason to want a bare module then give it a try.
By Juweh
rudy wrote:Modules that do not include a 3.3 volt regulator (ESP-01, ESP-12, ESP-M3, ESP-07, ...) are difficult to use. The ESP8266 needs a very good power supply. Good decoupling. The ESP-01 is not as easy to use as a Bluetooth module. The peak current requirements are much higher. And this can lead to unstable operation.

You will write a program and you will never know if the unstable operation is caused by code issues or by poor power. It is highly recommended to develop with a Nodemcu or Wemos type board. Get your code working on those, and then if you have a good reason to want a bare module then give it a try.

Thank you for the feedback, but is it possible? I need to create a device for infant that tracks their heartbeat and temperature. My goal is to make it small. I did use NodeMCU and it worked but again, my project is for infants. The smaller, the better. Is it possible to upload the same code that i used from NodeMCU?