A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By Stanem
schufti wrote:@stanem: did you follow these instructions
https://github.com/martin-ger/esp_wifi_ ... d-flashing
to try different flash mode (DOUT most compatible)?

Yes, I've followed it (Windows part) to the book, also tried with NodeMCU programmer without luck. Tried on three different computers, with external power supply, there different ESP-01, flashed memory clean (that works) but still not working. Would probably work if I could use Arduino IDE but I don't know how to get this project into it or build a Linux computer and try Esptool.py but that would take too long time...
By Stanem
schufti wrote:@stanem: did you follow these instructions
https://github.com/martin-ger/esp_wifi_ ... d-flashing
to try different flash mode (DOUT most compatible)?

Since I,m new here every message must go through moderator so reply takes time... Anyway,I spent the night rebuilding an old computer with windows xp, took forever to program but it's working! So probably due to modern serial comms (via USB) or some error behind keyboard but most important is that it's working!
Thanks for the help!
By Jazzoo
#92709 New "member" if I step on some toes ... please forgive me as I'm just learning the steps.

My build box
Debian 10
Python 2.7
Python 3.0
Python 3.5

Following the Build directions on the github page (sans docker). I ran into a couple issues.

The following "crosstool-NG" "get" scripts need "BASE URL" changed to downloadable sources

1. ISL-0.14.1 download URL is no longer active

2. expat-2.1.0 (sourceforge seems to have changed it's scheme so) ... expat has moved to github and stores older versions there.

The Build made it through the compiler ... then ... trying to build gdb failed cause someone thought it would be a grand idea to build python dependency into gdb. I am aware there is some incantation that precludes this dependency but ... why not throw in all the bells, whistles, kitchen sink, etc ... (sorry end of rant).

My solution (I just want a "clean" SDK build so I can get a "clean" build of this excellent firmware) :

update-alternatives --config python
* select 2.7

then

sudo apt install python2.7-dev

then

make STANDALONE=y

After all the help and knowledge all of you have provided; Hope this helps someone.

James