I tried to do the flashing of the STC 15F104W on my ESP-01 board, as explained below by pilol34.
- I use an FTDI232 interface, jumper setting: 5V
- Download the software - ok (I use Win 10)
- Connection between the FTDI232 and the relay board:
RX - RX
TX - TX
GND - GND
5V - 5V
- I removed the ESP8266 module from the relay board
When I start the STC-ISP (V6.87B) tool, I set the COM port (=#4 in my case), the MCU type (STC15F104W) and press "Check MCU". From here, nothing happens.
Even when changing TX-RX and RX-TX connection, no result.
What am I doing wrong?
Any advices for me?
Thanks a lot!
I too was very disappointed when buying this module. When I connected it for the first time, it is flashing as shown on this link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Le9kNT_Bm4) and it was not responding at any of my orders.
After a rechere on the web, I found on the website of the manufacturer http://www.chinalctech.com/index.php?_m ... &p_id=1204
this note:For this wifi relay module, because there are some counterfeit on other sales platform. So if the LED on-board (D2) are blink constantly (I guess the reason is the STC15F104W have not been programmed), it means the module were not produced in our factory, maybe you need to contact the seller directly. Best regards!
And then I realized that I had to program the module to solve the problem (I not found the original firmware).
Here are the results of my work after several days of work.
ATTENTION, The programming and or the alteration is under your resposability because it is always possible to do an error or mishandling that may endanger the module.
1. An FTDI232 interface is required to connect the USB protector to the module's RX TX pins. Here we use an interface to 5V.
2. Software is required to program the module's STC15F104W. Here I used stc-isp.exe (v6.86E) found on the site http://www.stcmicro.com/rjxz.html (Hey yes, I work under windows).
3. Create a program and compile it in .HEX format. Here I create a .asm program that I compile thanks to the AS31.exe utility from Paul's 8051 Tools at https://www.pjrc.com/tech/8051/index.html.
4.The program must be transferred to the module. It is necessary to think to cross the cables TX RX and one does not branch 5V power supply.
With the programe STC-ISP.exe we load the proramme .hex, we set the clock at 11.0592 MHz, and press the button DOWNLOAD / PROGRAM, Connect the 5V power supply of the module and wait until the transfert is finished.
5. In the COM Helper tab, test the module with commands A0 01 01 A2 and A0 01 00 A1 in HEX-Mode.
6. If the led lights up but the relay does not work, it will alter the module by swapping the resistors R3 and R4. This is probably the most delicate operation you will have to do.
7. Afterwards, follow the setup for the ESP-01 module.
To speed up your work, I give you my version of the program in .HEX format Which will save you from making the item 3. This program is transmitted as-is and without guarantee. I have not done advanced testing and it is not optimized.
I added to the program relay status reading commands.
B0 01 01 B2 -> Reading relay in text format ("ON" and "OFF" ending with a linefeed).
B0 01 00 B1 -> Relay reading in binary format (00 = ON and 01 = OFF).
B0 00 01 B1 -> Reading the firmware version in text format ending with a linefeed.
You just have to copy and paste into a text file with the extension .hex.
Code: Select all
Now it's up to you to do the rest.