So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By sblantipodi
#86333 project seems to work well but I have a problem that it happen sometimes.

sometimes when the relè gives power to the water pump,
D1 Mini starts a boot loop and I need to remove the battery and reconnect it to get it working again, neither teh rest button correct the situation.

I'm not a microcontroller expert but this to me seems to be a power problem.
Problem I'm not feeding the ESP correctly or probably the MT3608 is not able to stabilize current when water pump is on on the battery that it feed the module itself.

I'm powering the D1 mini with 5V from the MT3608 module to the 5V pin of the D1 mini, should I give more voltage to that 5v PIN?
I'm reading here
https://docs.zerynth.com/latest/officia ... index.html

that d1 can be powered from 6V to 20V :O is this true?
can I give 7V to the 5V pin to power the D1 Mini?
if yes, will the D1 mini then output 7V from that pin or it will "adjust" it to 5V?

Should I add a capacitor just before the 5V pin to mitigate some power fluctuations?

thanks
By schufti
#86337 Hi,
if you read at your given link, you'll see that the recommended voltage is 7V.
It could help to put an 680µ/6,3V capacitor between the 3V3 and gnd of the D1 mini.
And also put at least a 100n capacitor on your pump.
And: you are not supposed to power the relay module from the 3V3!!!
It is intended to be powered from the same source as the D1 mini (that is why they are built to be stacked)
By sblantipodi
schufti wrote:Hi,
It could help to put an 680µ/6,3V capacitor between the 3V3 and gnd of the D1 mini.
It is intended to be powered from the same source as the D1 mini (that is why they are built to be stacked)

That link says 7v/20v but there are other links who says that the maximum voltage is 6v, so this is not clear
The relay is stacked on the D1 mini so I suppose that it is getting power from 5v.

Why you say that I need to put a capacitor on the 3.3V?
Isn't the 5v the problematic one since it is the one who gives the power to the esp?

Thanks
By sblantipodi
sblantipodi wrote:
schufti wrote:Hi,

That link says 7v/20v but there are other links who says that the maximum voltage is 6v, so this is not clear
The relay is stacked on the D1 mini so I suppose that it is getting power from 5v.

Why you say that I need to put a capacitor on the 3.3V?
Isn't the 5v the problematic one since it is the one who gives the power to the esp?

Thanks

highering the voltage to 5.5V solved the boot loop problem without the needs for additional capacitors, but I think that I will add them just to be sure.

I still don't understand if I give 5.5V to the VIN or even 7V, will I loose the possibility to power 5V sensors?
If I give 7V to the VIN, the VIN will output 7V and some sensors may burn, am I right?