Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By RIN67630
JurajA wrote:why #include <WiFiUdp.h>?

You are right. The ESP lib works without that include.
Does it include it implicitly?
Or ist is querying NTP with all the ballast of HTTP? :-(
By schufti
RIN67630 wrote:
schufti wrote:...we don't care about ESP32.

Who is "we"? ;-)
There may be people here as well, who are not blinkered and think further, while they are coding.

people here - and the relevant ones over at github - decided against the *not working* espressif implementation ...

RIN67630 wrote:
... why change a working system?

I explained why.

no you postulated ...
By RIN67630
schufti wrote:people here - and the relevant ones over at github - decided against the *not working* espressif implementation ...

I never postulated the Espressif implementation were not working.
What makes you think that?
:o
Just at the opposite! Indeed -it's already in the title- I am elaborating on getting rid of counter-productive no-espressif libraries nested into many examples lurking around.

I have worked out a didactic example on how to use it and produce what most subsequent Arduino libs and applications need.
By schufti
#87002 you (explained) postulated the need for changing the runing system. I said there is no need to.

with the recent core there is no need for "another time lib for ESP" (not any!, not even ntpclient!) in line with your topic but in contrary to your suggested solution.

Sketches that compile on esp8266 and esp32 without taking care of other major differences (beside timelib) probably are sparse. But even the "time lib problem" could easily be solved via conditional code blocks.