Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By jermainst2005
#87275 Just for info.

I updated my Arduino environment to latest on github.

Sketches (including WifiManager) wouldn't compile anymore because a recent commit in ESP8266WebServer introduced an enum HTTP_HEAD which was in conflict with a variable in WifiManager (holding the portal header).

I initially renamed this in WifiManager to get it to compile.
jitter click test
The development branch of WifiManager puts these strings in a different file with different names. With this installed instead of the released version then all compiles again OK.
Last edited by jermainst2005 on Mon May 25, 2020 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Forestwolff02*
#94215 A recent commit in the ESP8266 IDE on github has introduced an enum called HTTP_HEAD in
click test
ESP8266WebServer.h which is in conflict with string defined in WifiManager.h file and causes compilation errors.

This string is different in the development branch and using this compiles OK.
By Inq720
#94220 If you're doing a web server... you could just punt it all and use mine.
3 lines of code and you can

1. connect via SoftAP or StationAP
  2. Hard code credential (if you want) OR use Admin UI to configure all your access points
  3. change the hostname in the Admin
  4. use the Drag&Drop file manager to upload all your web content to the disk
  5. OTA the Sketch
  6. do remote debugging serial monitor type debugging, but can dynamically disable output without having to recompile
  7. Has watch variables
  8. Histogram with significant system performance metrics
  9. Able to add your Sketch numeric output to be graphed in conjunction with the system metrics
  10. A brain-dead trivial API to have your client applications talk to your ESP8266 server.

Oh! Did I mention... it only takes three lines of code to add all that to your Sketch.