A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By biswajit007
#87342 Hi,
For my project, I have configured two NodeMCU (one as AP and another as client) via AT commands. I can transfer UDP data packet from the AP to the client by using AT+CIPSEND command. The data is something like that, "Hello from ESP AP".
Now I want to measure the data transmission rate/speed (not the baud rate) by which that data are transmitted from the AP to the client. Please be noted that, I am using AT commands to configure the modules and I am not talking about the baud rate.

Is there any way to measure the data transfer rate (or, transmission rate) from one module to another?
Thanks in advance.
By biswajit007
#87358 Hey, sorry for double posting. I thought the first post was not delivered.

I am issuing AT commands through Arduino code and it is my requirement to use AT commands. I have interacted NodeMCU with an Arduino Uno board.
In this case, is there any way to assign data transmission rate and measure the data transfer rate?

Here is my code:
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

//Create software serial object to communicate with ESP8266
SoftwareSerial mySerial(9,10);//ESP8266 Tx & Rx is connected to Arduino #9 & #10
int i=0;

void setup()
{
//Begin serial communication with Arduino and Arduino IDE (Serial Monitor)
Serial.begin(115200);

//Begin serial communication with Arduino and ESP8266
mySerial.begin(115200);
delay(1000);
Serial.println("Initializing...");
mySerial.println("AT+CWMODE=3"); //configuring the ESP8266 module both as access point and station
updateSerial();
delay(1000);
mySerial.println("AT+CWSAP=\"ESP8266\",\"123456789\",11,4"); //setting the username, password, channel(11) for AP
updateSerial();
delay(1000);
mySerial.println("AT+CIPMUX=1"); //Establishing connection type
updateSerial();
delay(1000);
mySerial.println("AT+CIPSTART=3,\"UDP\",\"0.0.0.0\",0,4567,2"); //establishing UDP connection
updateSerial();
delay(2000);
for(i=2; i>1; i++)
{
mySerial.println("AT+CIPSEND=3,38,\"192.168.4.2\",4567"); //Sending out data
updateSerial();
mySerial.println("HELLO FROM THE AP. HOW ARE YOU CLIENT?");
mySerial.println("HELLO FROM THE AP. HOW ARE YOU CLIENT?");
updateSerial();
}
}

void updateSerial()
{
delay(700);
while (Serial.available())
{
mySerial.write(Serial.read());//Forward what Serial received to Software Serial Port
}
while(mySerial.available())
{
Serial.write(mySerial.read());//Forward what Software Serial received to Serial Port
}
}
void loop()
{
updateSerial();

}
By biswajit007
btidey wrote:Posting same question in 2 different topic areas is not good practice.

Measuring speed is much easier if you stop using AT command set and use your own programs.

Hi, I am issuing AT commands through Arduino code and it is my requirement to use AT commands. I have interacted NodeMCU with an Arduino Uno board.
In this case, is there any way to assign data transmission rate and measure the data transfer rate? Can you help me in this case? Detail of my configuration code is in my last reply.