Post links and attach files for documentation here, also chat about these docs freely

By wififofum
Squonk wrote:If you wonder why I say that the "flashx.bin" files are limited to 64KB, please refer to the "gen_flashbin.py" script from leaked "esp_iot_sdk_v0.9.1", where this file is padded to 0x10000 with "0xFF" bytes :ugeek:

But why are "irom0text" sections separate from the "flash" sections in the beginning? My guess is that there are TWO separate cache regions, one for app, one for libs, but I have no clue why!

Yes so you have to fit your iram + dram images into 64k, which places some constraints. But probably you can just reduce the size of irom section if necessary, although it is already 133k in AT firmware. The question is is there any benefit to not filling up iram?

flash sections as you called them are iram + dram (init)
irom executes from flash through dynamic caching details not yet known
iram executes from ram and is statically cached
Both app and libs can use iram and irom
By AlOdin
#1537 found this preview for 106Micro
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By AlOdin
#1538 P.S. this info from Espressif sales
-----------
ESP8266EX is a 802.11bgn WiFi chip, that can is used in IOT applications, and integrates the following components:
1. Tensilica L106 low power 32-bit MCU that can run at up 160MHz
2. 10-bit ADC
3. internal SRAM
4. GPIO x16 (up to 5 used for interface with flash)
5. power management
6. all RF components
7. WiFi baseband, MAC, TCP/IP
8. advance standby and sleep modes
9. SPI / UART / SDIO connectivity

The application code is usually stored on an external NOR flash device; for a typical application 512kB is more than enough. The flash is accessed through a cache; about 35kB internal SRAM is available to the user for stack and temporary storage.

ESP8266EX is typically used in applications ranging from smart switches, smart lighting, smoke detectors, gas sensors, temperature-humidity sensors, smart displays, etc. We have documentation, sample application codes, application schematics and layouts within our design kit, that is available after completing an NDA.
By Wizzard
#2842 hey, where to get master_device_key.bin from? I can't find it on iot.espressif.cn though?

Also do you know any simple step-by-step tutorial on how to make IoT_Demo compiled, flashed and tested from the very scratch? I have compilled esp_iot_sdk_v0.9.2_14_10_24 IoT_Demo resulting in a bunch of bin files, then I flashed those bins to my module at locations:

blank.bin at 0x7E000
eagle.app.v6.flash.bin at 0x0000
master_device_key.bin dunno from where to grab it...
eagle.app.v6.irom0text.bin at 0x40000
esp_init_data_default.bin at 0x7c000

turned the module off and then on and I'm not able to see any ESP_****** SSID in the air...
help :)
thanks...