Chat freely about anything...

By pdelprat
#90324 Hello,

I have a project with two hardwares design, and I would like to have the same software for both. The only difference is one is powered by battery, and the second is powered by a power supply. In case of battery powered, GPIO16 is connected to RESET, to be able to wake-up the device after a deep-sleep. The device powered by a power supply doesn’t have this connection.

Is-it possible to discover if GPIO16 is connected to RESET by software?

Thanks in advance,
Pascal
By btidey
#90325 If you pull down GPIO16 to 0V on the powered design then you could read GPIO16 in input mode. On the battery case with GPIO16 connected to Reset it will read high whereas on the powered design it would read low.
By eriksl
#90343 Great method. Make sure the pull-down is not too strong, I'd recommend starting with 10k, if that's not strong enough don't go under 0k5.

Otherwise if you have other GPIO's spare, you could use them to implement an "id".
By pdelprat
eriksl wrote:Great method. Make sure the pull-down is not too strong, I'd recommend starting with 10k, if that's not strong enough don't go under 0k5.

Otherwise if you have other GPIO's spare, you could use them to implement an "id".

Many thanks all,

Yes, I thought about this method,

One little question, why it's not good to pull-down too strong ?