Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By lrossel
btidey wrote:When you select a particular board type under Tools then it can restrict the various settings you can choose.

For the Wemos Pro I think it restricts the programming mode to DIO only.

If you select the generic board type instead then you get to see all choices for all boards. Make sure you set the 16M memory option you want. You can then try out QIO, DIO and DOUT programming metthods. These affect how the data is written to the flash.

Thanks all,

I'm trying different options for the Generic Esp8266 board, but it's giving me espcomm errors :?: and is not uploading the sketch to the wemos.

I'll be posting the results shortly.
By lrossel
#90553 What a great community!

Now the Board is working, Following your suggestions, I configured Arduino IDE as this:

And now the test program is working. Now I'll test a more complex sketch just to be sure.

But it's still so dark why one board worked as expected, and for this other the workaround was the only way to make it work.
By btidey
#90562 Good to hear that is working.

As mentioned the settings for the Pro assume DIO flash programming, and you have got it working by using DOUT.

All the menu options and defaults for different board types are in boards.txt

DOUT is the most compatible mode as all the set up for read / write commands is done via normal SPI and then 2 bits are used for the actual data transfer. DIO is similar for the data transfer but 2 bits are actually used during the addressing phase.

See https://github.com/espressif/esptool/wi ... lash-Modes for a fuller explanation.

The difference between the boards is probably down to different flash chips being used.

You can get details on the flash chip on a board by using ESP.getFlashChipId()