Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By lrossel
btidey wrote:Good to hear that is working.

As mentioned the settings for the Pro assume DIO flash programming, and you have got it working by using DOUT.

All the menu options and defaults for different board types are in boards.txt

DOUT is the most compatible mode as all the set up for read / write commands is done via normal SPI and then 2 bits are used for the actual data transfer. DIO is similar for the data transfer but 2 bits are actually used during the addressing phase.

See https://github.com/espressif/esptool/wi ... lash-Modes for a fuller explanation.

The difference between the boards is probably down to different flash chips being used.

You can get details on the flash chip on a board by using ESP.getFlashChipId()

Thank you very much btyDay, I'll follow your advice and I'll read about this.
By V3N0MX
#91461 Hello everyone!

I have bought 4 Wemos D1 Mini Pro from AliExpress and I have the same problem as you, my Wemos module won't work properly, it works only if I upload the .ino file in DOUT flash mode as you suggested in this topic before. Unfortunately I need to use SPIFFS for my application (I am using Arduino IDE) and for now I can only flash the D1 mini Pro by generating a .bin file and then flash it via esptool/python. Is this DOUT hardware defined or can it be changed by reflashing a new firmware? The problem is if I choose generic ESP8266 I have some problems with pinouts like D0 is not recognized by the IDE(probably other pinout for generic boards). I have other D1 Mini Pros boards (which I ordered a while before these) and those work and I'm confused why these ones don't.

If I select from the Arduino IDE Tools > Boards D1 Mini Pro I have no problem anymore with D0 pin but the flashing mode is gone and it won't work if I don't choose DOUT flashing mode. Can someone help ? Is there any fix to be able to flash them normally with the usual settings for D1 Mini Pro board ?

Thank you!
By lrossel
#91464 HI V3N0MX,

This is the IDE setup I'm using, and I can use SPIFFS. Every I/O works ok.

I hope it helps.

V3N0MX wrote:Hello everyone!

I have bought 4 Wemos D1 Mini Pro from AliExpress and I have the same problem as you, my Wemos module won't work properly, it works only if I upload the .ino file in DOUT flash mode as you suggested in this topic before. Unfortunately I need to use SPIFFS for my application (I am using Arduino IDE) and for now I can only flash the D1 mini Pro by generating a .bin file and then flash it via esptool/python. Is this DOUT hardware defined or can it be changed by reflashing a new firmware? The problem is if I choose generic ESP8266 I have some problems with pinouts like D0 is not recognized by the IDE(probably other pinout for generic boards). I have other D1 Mini Pros boards (which I ordered a while before these) and those work and I'm confused why these ones don't.

If I select from the Arduino IDE Tools > Boards D1 Mini Pro I have no problem anymore with D0 pin but the flashing mode is gone and it won't work if I don't choose DOUT flashing mode. Can someone help ? Is there any fix to be able to flash them normally with the usual settings for D1 Mini Pro board ?

Thank you!