So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By flyingferret
#91489 Evening, Very new to this so bear with me. I'm trying a simple compile of some example code from https://gist.github.com/boverby/d391b689ce787f1713d4a409fb43a0a4 to try and use a Wemo D1 Mini as MQTT client.

But so far every example sketch I've tried I get the same compile error

C:\Users\*\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESP8266_Microgear\MicroGear.cpp: In member function 'void MicroGear::syncTime(Client*, long unsigned int*)':
C:\Users\*\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESP8266_Microgear\MicroGear.cpp:152:31: error: 'class BearSSL::WiFiClientSecure' has no member named 'verify'
152 | if (clientsecure->verify(tstr, gearauth)) {
| ^~~~~~
exit status 1
Error compiling for board LOLIN(WEMOS) D1 mini (clone).

I feel like I must have missed something simple somewhere but been going made doing google searchs and the like.

Thanks
By Tebogo
#91509 I duo have the same problem, did you solve this?

/Arduino/libraries/ESP8266_Microgear/MicroGear.cpp: In member function 'void MicroGear::syncTime(Client*, long unsigned int*)':
/Arduino/libraries/ESP8266_Microgear/MicroGear.cpp:152:31: error: 'class BearSSL::WiFiClientSecure' has no member named 'verify'
152 | if (clientsecure->verify(tstr, gearauth)) {
| ^~~~~~

Thank you!
By m-arx
#91965 I had the exact same issue with my Wemos D1.

After googleing brought no leads, i tried to update each and every component (libraries, boards manager).

When i did that, i realized i did not actually have PubSubClient installed. After installation the compiler error was gone.

Rookie mistake, but i thought i might share as others might be as stupid as me :)