Advanced Users can post their questions and comments here for the not so Newbie crowd.

Moderator: eriksl

By RBMK
#92322 http://www.trolink.cn/UploadFiles/Product/20160419162756_20384.pdf Thats the flash chip that has the ESP8266 (Im working with the ESP-01, maybe is different on other variants?) The normal speed is 50MHz, and the fast speed is 108 MHz, i saw that 350/7 = 50MHz and i only saw errors passing passing 346 so, maybe we can find a way to change that?
By eriksl
#92324 The broadcom SoC in the Raspberry is fundamentally another thing, it cannot be compared to the ESP8266. It will probably run happily at 800 MHz to start with and maybe reach up 1.6 GHz.
By RBMK
eriksl wrote:The broadcom SoC in the Raspberry is fundamentally another thing, it cannot be compared to the ESP8266. It will probably run happily at 800 MHz to start with and maybe reach up 1.6 GHz.

No, i mean the microcontroller, no the microprocessor, check the Raspberry Pi Pico, is a silicon maded by Rasbperry Fundation itself. Here the specs:

21 mm × 51 mm form factor
    RP2040 microcontroller chip designed by Raspberry Pi in the UK
    Dual-core Arm Cortex-M0+ processor, flexible clock running up to 133 MHz
    264KB on-chip SRAM
    2MB on-board QSPI Flash
    26 multifunction GPIO pins, including 3 analogue inputs
    2 × UART, 2 × SPI controllers, 2 × I2C controllers, 16 × PWM channels
    1 × USB 1.1 controller and PHY, with host and device support
    8 × Programmable I/O (PIO) state machines for custom peripheral support
    Supported input power 1.8–5.5V DC
    Operating temperature -20°C to +85°C
    Castellated module allows soldering direct to carrier boards
    Drag-and-drop programming using mass storage over USB
    Low-power sleep and dormant modes
    Accurate on-chip clock
    Temperature sensor
    Accelerated integer and floating-point libraries on-chip
By eriksl
#92376 The "microcontroller" is it an extra housekeeping thing on the processor, like the "uncore" on Core processors? I have never heard of them on Broadcom SoCs.