Chat freely about anything...

By lethe
#8675 How about using a GPIO to enter command mode (either through UART or TCP)? GPIO2 e.g. should be high at boot, so you could enter command mode if it is pulled low either by the external uC or manually with a jumper wire. That way you really have an "absolutely transparent bridge" and the module can still be reconfigured.
By ArnieO
dacb wrote:
Code: Select allavrdude -c avrisp -p m328p -P net:169.254.4.1:23 -F -U flash:w:mySketch.hex:i

Running this under Windows7 gives me an error message:
"avrdude: ser_open(): network connects are currently notimplemented for Win32 environments"

Is there an alternative way for me to do this on a Win7 computer?

EDIT:
I solved this by installing the free program HW VSP3 - Virtual Serial Port (http://www.hw-group.com/products/hw_vsp/index_en.html). This program creates a virtual COM port and redirects it to the IP:port of my ESP8266. I can then select this virtual COM port in the Arduino IDE, and upload the sketch. New challenge: Timing of Arduino reset, see my next posting below.
Last edited by ArnieO on Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ArnieO
#9246 I have this project based on an Arduino Nano clone, sitting in a physically difficult to reach place. So I want to upload sketch to it using an ESP8266. This is my hardware:
The ESP8266 is running the Transparent bridge firmware (thank you, dacb!!) .

The key to making the sketch upload work seems to be to manually give the Nano a reset signal with a good timing relative to the upload sequence. In one of the comments on this instructable, user amir_zohaib gives the timing:
avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20]
avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20] <---NOW press the reset once, and hard (atleast on the pro mini) for atleast 100-200ms
avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20]

(Nota: The critical timing is the end of the reset period, i.e. the release of the button. Press/hold then release at the time indicated above.)

And it works! :D
My project is now open in front of the computer, so it is easy to do the manual reset while watching the screen. But when the box is assembled and in its location far from my computer, I fail to see how I could be able to do the manual reset.

A better solution would be to control it from the PC, maybe by pulling Arduino reset low by using the ESP8266 GPIO2. But I cannot see that the +++AT commands will allow me to do this. :?

I am so close to a solution, but cannot figure out how to do the reset. Ideas, anyone?
By alexhi
#9345 can the timeshift between 1 character and the following character remove ?
my phone and tablet with Basic4Android can not handle with the timeshift.

I am sending with UART "Hello" and receive from WiFi
H
ello.
Other programs stutter only some milliseconds.
Basic4Android interpreted that wrong.

This may be related to the unbuffered TCP send approach of incoming UART data. However, I haven't experienced a similar problem, though I am using have pretty robust socket I/O code that uses polling features and timeouts rather than just trying to gobble up a bunch of data and smacking a CR/LF after it. I don't know anything about Basic4Android but a little reality check about the nature of network programming might be useful here. Why don't you create an issue tracker item on github and include the B4A code and maybe that will help me understand the issue a little more.

I've been using HERCULES utility and also get
H ..pause
ELLO :(
why is it ?