So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By pankaj13
#92540 Hi,

I have started using NodeMCU and D1 Mini boards around the house for automation. And I have added several hardware addons like tempertature sensor, humidity sensor, motion sensor (PIR & doppler), relays, stepper motors etc.

Since each part of the house is different and may need a unique combination of above hardware add-ons, soldering components have been a huge pain in the neck.

So here is my question, are these schematics (NodeMCU and D1) open source for editing and use?

If yes, then I am thinking of adding few minimal enhancements like terminals for power and ground and extend few GPIO pins and order customized boards that are somewhat easier to customize for my needs.

While I am loving these boards and the tech power that I do not understand, I often like a bird flying high and blissfully unaware of gravity!! It is a newbie question so please excuse its dumbness.

Lastly, what is the deal with just "British English" as the preference option for creating an account here? I agree that there is some elegance to the phrase "sleeping with the fishes" but it is lot more easier being an American and not have to remember words like "fortnightly" and instead use "bi-weekly" for all contexts such as once-every-two-weeks and twice-every-week without bias :D

Thanks!
By davydnorris
pankaj13 wrote:Hi,
Lastly, what is the deal with just "British English" as the preference option for creating an account here? I agree that there is some elegance to the phrase "sleeping with the fishes" but it is lot more easier being an American and not have to remember words like "fortnightly" and instead use "bi-weekly" for all contexts such as once-every-two-weeks and twice-every-week without bias :D

Thanks!

Welcome to the rest of the world :-)

I've spent most of my career working for American companies and having to deal with them talking about a 'Fall release' - the rest of the world calls it Autumn, and half the world has their Autumn half a year earlier than the US!

My experience on this forum has been that the majority do not even have English as their first language - many don't even have it as their third!

A few colloquialisms are a minor inconvenience really.