Chat freely about anything...

By Marjan Trutschl
#93075 Hello,

I have been trying to figure this out for a while with not much luck. I would like to wake up the ESP8266 from the deep sleep mode using a reed switch (or any switch). The problem is that the reed switch (or any switch) may generate multiple "events" and I need to reset the ESP-12E only once.

Is there a way to ignore all subsequent LOW signals applied to the RST Pin until the system is in the deep sleep mode again?

Thank you. :-)
By davydnorris
#93120 You'll need to do this with some outboard circuitry - the simplest would be to wire one of the pins to defeat the effect of the button while the ESP8266 is awake.

You may even be able to find a pin that the ESP itself turns high/low while it's awake and use that.
By Marjan Trutschl
davydnorris wrote:You'll need to do this with some outboard circuitry - the simplest would be to wire one of the pins to defeat the effect of the button while the ESP8266 is awake.

You may even be able to find a pin that the ESP itself turns high/low while it's awake and use that.

Thank you for replying. I would love to know how to wire of the pins to defeat the effect of the reed switch pulling the RST pin LOW.