A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By GalactusX31
#93316 It has been a while since the last time I was present in this forum ( LINK ), due to these dates and the current situation against covid-19, I have not been able to work much on my project, but I have continued doing tests, making mistakes, study and do various small progress.

Now I am at a dead end, or rather, in other words, the next big step, establishing a simple format to create a list of keywords, encompassing all possible variants to other languages to carry out this simple task: say the time and date autonomously without the need for an internet connection (more or less).

My personal way of undertaking this process is as follows:

- Have a file ( or by means of a structure in the programming ), with all the languages available in google translator with their corresponding code. list of languages supported by Google Translate.
- Keyword file configuration:
  1. Have a basic file for each language, containing all the keywords necessary for the normal operation of the clock.
  2. Have a basic file, containing all the keywords for all the languages already translated.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The file containing all the languages could be like this (the option I am working with just for tests):
Code: Select allFile -> languages.txt
Spanish,es
English,en
French,fr

Of course, this can be expanded without much trouble to contain the equivalence of each language to the others, for reasons of having an audible menu.
Code: Select allFile -> languages.txt
Español(es),Ingles(es),Frances(es) ...
Spanish(en),English(en),French(en) ...
Espagnol(fr),Anglais(fr),français(fr) ...

For example, OPCION A could be like this (the option I am working with just for tests):
Code: Select allFile -> weeks.txt
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday

and OPTION B would be something like this:
Code: Select allFile -> weeks.txt
Lunes(es),Monday(en),Lundi(fr) ...
Martes(es),Tuesday(en),mardi(fr) ...
Miercoles(es),Wednesday(en),mercredi(fr) ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
For now because it is too late for me, if someone is interested in this project and has any ideas or suggestions, I am with an open mind, in the next few days I will update the post with the parts of code that I have already done (open to suggestions and changes).

I have no training in programming, everything is self-study, be nice if you criticize something.

Also, I must apologize if any phrase or word is incorrect, English is not my mother tongue (I speak Spanish, but I read and understand English well).

Thank you.
[spoiler]Spoiler Content[/spoiler]
Last edited by GalactusX31 on Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By GalactusX31
rpiloverbd wrote:Which board are you using? ESP8266 or ESP32? Or anything else?

Currently, I am doing tests with the "NodeMCU ESP32 ESP-WROOM-32" module, and I hope that when I finish the project and polish the code and other details, I will be able to port it to other devices / microcontrollers, such as the "NodeMcu WiFi ESP8266-12F" or even "ESP8266 ESP-01S", although the last one will be more difficult, since it does not have much memory to download large files from the Internet.