So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By sedimalko
#94309 Hello. I have been using "domoticz" recently and I am very happy. I want to use it first and foremost to guard an outdoor garden. I have bees and I want to put motion sensors. I came across projects that work through the "domoticz", but the sensors emit a lot of false signals. perhaps from the sun or the movement of the leaves of the trees.
these sensors that I have and want to use are "pir sensor hc-sr501".
my question is is there any way to combine or change their sensitivity software with "domoticz"?
For example, 2 sensors must be activated and only then I will receive a notification. in case of single operation from one sensor to filter or I don't know ...
can the platform itself have any option to handle such a task?

I don't have False triggers inside the house. just outdoors!

there are photo traps / hunting cameras that also seem to use similar sensors that work on the principle of infrared light, but there are not so many false positives. So maybe I'm using the wrong sensor or the software needs to be filtered.
I'm asking for help!
By bra1n
#94315 If the motion sensor is located close to the ESP8266 that can cause lots of false triggers as the Wi-FI effects the very sensitive electronics, I ended up locating mine a few metres away at the end of a screened cable and with decoupling caps on the power leads.
I still get a few false triggers but much more manageable now.
By sedimalko
#94316 Thx for reply!
Yes, I know that it is getting problems with the rf signal.
1. How many meters away did you put ESP8266?
2. Are you talking about inside the house or outside? Because inside the house I did not report any false signals. Only when it's outside!
By rpiloverbd
#94317 Didn't use the PIR sensor with ESP8266. What sedimalko has said above, sounds quite logical. I think you'd better place the PIR a few meters away from the ESP8266 and follow the other instructions suggested by him/her. Also you can use SONAR sensor(HCSR04) to see if you get better results.