Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By schufti
#52569 ok,
the pullup/down looks ok, just gpio2 pull-up missing.
So you say that flashing is ok but on restart the connected serial lets your PC go havock?
If it is USB/serial it should be enough to replug the adapter.

again: did you try with a simple sketch like blinky? Just to make sure the esp is ok hardwarewise?
maybe it is just some part of code that magically interferes with your hw-setup.
By Joe Job
schufti wrote:ok,
the pullup/down looks ok, just gpio2 pull-up missing.
So you say that flashing is ok but on restart the connected serial lets your PC go havock?
If it is USB/serial it should be enough to replug the adapter.

again: did you try with a simple sketch like blinky? Just to make sure the esp is ok hardwarewise?
maybe it is just some part of code that magically interferes with your hw-setup.

Ok I will try GPIO2 as well although on this doc it does not mention GPIO2.

https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/blob ... 66-modules

So what I found was flashing is fine but only if it is powered by the programmer, if I then power it by the 5v through the AMS1117 and only leave the RX and TX connected to the programmer so I can read the serial it does nothing, after switching back to powering by the programmer it says com 4 not available and I have to restart the PC, this has not been the case when doing this with an 01, also the first day I had this powered by a battery for 7 hours. I was thinking maybe it is the addition of the DHT but again that doesn't make sense as it was powered of a battery for 7 hours. I will test the blinky now.