Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Pablo2048
#52609 Every ESP12 as far as I can say have LED connected to GPIO2. I've never seen such strange behavior you've described :-(
Try to:
1. flash original AT firmware into module, boot it up and check, if AT command work (You can also try some wifi scan command just to make sure that wifi part work ok)
2. if this does not work, try different module in Your current HW setup
3. if this work, try to upload simple Blink sketch
By schufti
So what I found was flashing is fine but only if it is powered by the programmer, if I then power it by the 5v through the AMS1117 and only leave the RX and TX connected to the programmer so I can read the serial it does nothing,

just to be clear: you not only leave Tx/Rx connected, I hope gnd too?
By Joe Job
schufti wrote:
So what I found was flashing is fine but only if it is powered by the programmer, if I then power it by the 5v through the AMS1117 and only leave the RX and TX connected to the programmer so I can read the serial it does nothing,

just to be clear: you not only leave Tx/Rx connected, I hope gnd too?

Ok I now have the power coming through a battery that has 2. something into the step up which is providing 3.22 v and same, in serial monitor just garble and the LED flicks on and then that is it, it never connects to my broker, swapping the power to the 3.3 from the serial programmer, this gives 2,92 on first load and is powering ok, this is very confusing. Anyone any ideas, want to get this project boxed off.