Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By schufti
#52993 hi,
(Un)fortunately the whole thread does not have enough words to describe your hardware setup or sketch in required detail to find such difficult problem. You see that I allready asked such trivialties as "is gnd connected".
I have a handfull of likewise questions at ready but don't really like to compensate missing info with upping my workload (by typing) when everything could be solved by a simple copy&paste from your side.
Then everyone has all necessary info at hand to ponder the symptoms, set up the scenario and try to hunt down the problem.
By Joe Job
#53032 For the sketch if you can send me your email I will send it you, the hardware at this moment I have taken everything apart and resoldered but same effect, for now I am ignoring the sensor and the set up is:

battery into the step up and out from there onto the vcc row on right of breadboard

CH_PD has a 10k soldered between it and VCC,
RST to GPIO16

GND to ground on the left side of the breadboard
GPIO15 to ground with 10k
GPIO0 to VCC with 10k
two pins for the sensor but at this point are floating
RX and TX to TX and RX of programmer
Programmer to ground

Exactly same scenario it works perfectly with the programmer in, it doesn't work with anything else despite them having more than enough power.
By Barnabybear
#53049 Hi, you need a 10k pull up on GPIO2 or it may not boot correctly.
For normal boot:
GPIO 0 -> High.
GPIO 2 -> High (can be lower than 10K if using I2C).
GPIO 15 -> Low.
CH_PD - > High.
RESET -> High.
Various blogs and posts suggest that a pull up on GPIO 2 is not needed. Without one, some times it works sometimes it doesn't - with one it works every time.
By Joe Job
Barnabybear wrote:Hi, you need a 10k pull up on GPIO2 or it may not boot correctly.
For normal boot:
GPIO 0 -> High.
GPIO 2 -> High (can be lower than 10K if using I2C).
GPIO 15 -> Low.
CH_PD - > High.
RESET -> High.
Various blogs and posts suggest that a pull up on GPIO 2 is not needed. Without one, some times it works sometimes it doesn't - with one it works every time.

Will add, this doesn't explain why it works with the programmer and nothing else though.