Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Joe Job
#59216 Well back on to this project after a long time, I have used a totally different ESP, connected up and same issues, without a 12v input going in through a regulator, it will not power the board, all that is attached is a simple reed switch. Have tried the step up and no difference so I guess for now it is going to have to be powered by a 12v input.

One thing I would to find a definitive answer is, which way is best for sleep to be waken by GPIO? I have seen light sleep is possibly best, doesnt really matter now as the device is going to have to be powered by an adapter but still interested.
By Joe Job
#59305 There are 2 issues I am facing with the 12f one is that updates (OTA) will not work still and one is the power, both of these issues do not exist if I put the exact same scripts onto a 01, I have now powered and updated an 01, using exactly the same codes and power supply that fail on the 12f. I was under the impression that the 12fs were a better chip? Any suggestion as to what would be going wrong with the 12f as I have about 15 of them and two 01s left ;)