Chat freely about anything...

By rudy
#51928 Try totally different code that you have high certainty will work. This is to eliminate your code as being the cause. (mostly) I the hardware works with different code in the trouble location then break down your code into smaller pieces.
By Pablo2048
#51929 Did You use same power supply in both places? I have similar application use case in my installation and moving AP channel did the trick...
By Trey
#51947 My power source is a 3.7v LI AA so in a way the power source is always the same. Low power was one of the first things I considered, I have been using freshly charged batteries. I will try a different sketch. I really really want to believe that it has something to do with the WIFI Manager starting up a STA or AP_STA. Here is why I think that.

When I start in IOT mode I get the AP that is set up for the client to connect and trigger the portal. I noticed that while I am connected in IOT mode before any config setting are made. Packets do not get received by that AP. This tells me that it's in a loop waiting for setting maybe. After disconnecting and re connecting standalone, no packets.
By Trey
#51965 Update.

Missing packets was a due to the sender not closing the UDP client. Not sure how but it looks like that code got reverted to an older commit.

Still connection issues randomly. I started questioning whether I really knew how the ant. should be connected. So I looked it up and I was connecting it wrong. Therefore I had no working 2.4ghz ant.

I am still not sure I have it hooked up correctly.
Antennae Data Sheet http://www.johansontechnology.com/datas ... 43B100.pdf

Attached image shows my current connections. I have not had time to see if this makes a constant difference. I'll let you all know. If you see a problem with the connections though please let me know.
Attachments
esp-09-ant.gif